The main purpose of Registration is to preserve statistics and maintain a roll of such units for the purposes of providing incentives and support services. States have normally adopted the uniform registration procedures as per the guidelines. However, there may be some modifications done by states. It must be illustrious that small industries are basically a state subject. States use the same registration scheme for implementing their own policies. It is likely that some states may have a SIDO registration scheme and a state registration scheme. Small Scale and ancillary units (i.e. undertaking with investment in plant and machinery of less than Rs. 10 million) should look for registration with the Director of Industries of the concerned State Government.
SME/SSI Registration India
Procedure of Filling of Entrepreneurs Memorandum for the following new and existing units:
Form of the Entrepreneurs memorandum
- A Micro or Small Enterprise.
- A Medium Enterprise engaged in providing or rendering of services.
- A Medium Enterprise engaged in the manufacture of production of good pertaining to any industry specified in the First Schedule to the Industries ( Development and Regulation) Act, 1951 (65 of 1991)
- Digitally fill able Form.
- Small Industries Development Organization website.
- Hard copy can be obtained from the District Industries Centre