Shop Act Registration ProcessThe shop act registration India also mandates some basic requirements such as:
- The company applying for shop act registration must be registered in the particular state where it is located.
- The documents of the company itself, which includes: company's constitutional documents, details of owners or directors, a rubberstamp or logo of the company, rent and electricity bills of the business place are important to be submitted.
- The documents varying from state to state which are generally named as form A, B and so on are to be completed and submitted.
- The important employee data such as employee contribution, employer contribution, employee name, date of birth, date of joining and leaving (if there), are to be maintained in the records.
- Returns that are to be filled based on quarter or annual should be properly maintained.
For a company in India the shop act registration is mandatory. But a trademark registration is not mandated here. Although in India trademark registration is not necessary, yet it is advisable for all the companies to own a trademark and safeguard it through the registration. Any large establishment, or an establishment which has grown over the years, may require a logo of its own which distinguishes it from all other companies, which produce same products or render similar services. India trademark registration matters can be solicited by the special solicitors who profess in the trademark acts.